"Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid." Lord Jesus Christ


To worry is a sin. Why do we worry? Isn't it because we are not trusting God?

Yesterday, I got my bank statement and found they made a big error which may cause my account to be overdrawn. Nothing can be done until later this morning when the bank opens.

But I have a choice: I can worry or I can trust the Lord.

Paul wrote to the church in Philippi, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6,7)

This morning, I read in Mark 6 where Jesus surprised his disciples when he walked on the water which scared them. But Jesus said, "Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid." This was another reminder to me to not be afraid nor worry but rather, pray with thanksgiving to God and trust Him.

Dear Lord Jesus, forgive me for worrying and help me to not be afraid. May I always put my trust in You today and everyday. Thank You, Lord!


8:05 am UPDATE:
Just called the bank and there was a bank-wide error that caused double withdrawals for several accounts, not just mine! It was repaired yesterday, so all is well. See, there was nothing to worry about - lol!!

No comments: