"Obey My Voice" says the LORD


In Jeremiah 7, the LORD tells him, "But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward."

Then the LORD says, "For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it. And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart."

Sounds like the USA.

Are we any different than the rebellious people in Jeremiah's day?

Do we obey the voice of the LORD? How often do we read our Bibles?

Don't we also have a "Valley of Slaughter" at every Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic? In the USA alone, over 4,000 babies are murdered each day.

Whatever judgment that comes our way, we deserve it.

May we repent, turn back to the LORD and obey His voice I pray.

No comments: